GATE 2016 Mtech Admission Status

Hi there,

I have secured AIR 103  in GATE ECE 2016.I have lately received queries from many asking me to post about the courses in have applied for.

I have applied for Mtech admission at following IITs.I belong to OBC category.


UPDATE: I have cancelled my offers from IISc and IITB.I have decided to purse a career in VLSI Design by taking M.Tech Microelectronics and VLSI at IIT Madras.

1.IISc Bangalore

My preference order:


  1. Microelectronic Systems
  2. DESE
  3. Communication and Networks
  4. Signal processing


I got offer letter for  Communication and Networks in the first list which was published on April 7th..Also received interview call from DESE.

Fee : Rs. 59,900 to be paid.

Update: I declined the offer for Communication and Networks on MAY 23.
_________________________________________________________________________________

2.IIT Bombay

My preference order:


  1. Microelectronics 
  2. Electronic System Design
  3. Communication Engineering


I got Microelectronics in the first list which was published in April 14th.

Fee : Rs. 28,900 to be paid for confirmation of seat allotted.
_________________________________________________________________________________

3.IIT Madras

I couldn't attend TI sponsored MS test/Interview.

My preference order:


  1. Microelectronics and VLSI Design (EE3Y)
  2. Communication Engineering (EE1Y)


The first list was published on MAY 14 and I got EE1 my second option.I have rejected the offer and requested for upgrade.

Update: I got allotted in Microelectronics and VLSI design  in the second round which was published on 22nd MAY. (Only 14 seats are there.)

Fee: Rs.17,963 to be paid for accept and freeze / accept and upgrade.Also additional hostel fees of Rs.20,150 needs to be paid later.

________________________________________________________________________________

4.IIT Kharagpur

My preference order:

  1. Microelectronics and VLSI
  2. Communication Engineering
  3. Control engineering


The first list came on MAY 2nd.I got my first option there as well.I rejected the offer.
________________________________________________________________________________

5.IIT Delhi

My preference order:


  1. Integrated Electronics and Circuits
  2. VLSI Design Tools and Technology
The cut off scores were 800 ,though I was eligible i could not attend the interview on MAY 17th  & 18th.
 Check out the interview experience of my friend who got selected there.

_________________________________________________________________________________

MY OFFER LETTERS (PROUD and HAPPY  MOMENTs )


IIT BOMBAY 

IISc
IIT MADRAS

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »